Our modern quilt guild is currently engaged in a cotton robin. It's kind of like a traveling quilt. Each of three people add on and the fourth person quilts and binds (rules discussed here). It was much more of a challenge that I expected. Even though our original blocks were modern in nature, it was still a surprise when I opened the box to see what I had to work with.
My mother and I were both participating, so each round we each got to see two of the quilts. When it came down to the end, we had seen all but one of the quilts. We have been having a good time trying to guess whose was whose. There are only 9 people participating and those people have distinct personalities, so with most of them it was not that difficult to guess.
This past Monday night I worked on quilting the one that I ended up with. I spent two hours doing it and I really like the way it turned out. I used Dream Puff batting so the quilting really stands out. I hope the owner likes it as much as I do.
We are scheduled to do our reveal on Monday, July 7. I'll try to take pictures and post them. I'll be curious to see how close we came to guessing whose was whose. I am pretty sure that everybody had such a good time that we'll be scheduling another one soon.