Thursday, July 3, 2014

Preparing for Another Retreat

Yes, I know that I have lost my mind.  I just went on a retreat last weekend with a wonderful group of seven women.  Four of those women (including me) are also going back to the retreat house this weekend and four others will be joining us.  It really is a good time.  And what can I say?  I just can't say no.

I spent quite a bit of time today picking fabrics and coming up with designs for quilts to work on at this retreat.  

One quilt will be using a set of fabrics I received as a door prize at last year's Krewe of Quilter's Christmas Party.  I put them together with a background and an accent and I'll be off to the races.  They are not my colors, but I still think that they'll make a nice quilt that somebody will like.  I will just have to find the right somebody.



The other group of fabrics I bought on a trip to Florida about 3 years ago and I have never done anything with them.  They are more along the lines of my taste and will give me a break if I get tired of the other fabrics.  I liked the way my Michael Miller Challenge turned out so I'll be making another quilt along the lines of the Peppermintz Quilt using this fabric.  I think it'll be really nice.



And in between projects, I need to put the binding on my cotton robin quilt, assuming that the one I have does not belong to one of the people with me on retreat.  

I also need to make a President's block for our current president in the Krewe of Quilters.  Each year the members make blocks and we create a quilt for the outgoing president to show our appreciation for all of her hard work.

And I also need to do a lotto block for the modern guild.  It has to be 12 1/2 inches and the theme is curves.  I avoid those like the plague so needless to say, it's been 2 months now and mine is still not done.  It's due on Monday so I guess I had better do it this weekend.

With all that to work on and a great group of women to sew and laugh and eat with, I should not be bored, for sure.  

No comments: