I got these baseball jerseys shortly after Christmas last year. Yes, I said jerseys. Aaaaaah! What they heck do you do with those? I kept procrastinating because I really had no idea what to do with these stretchy weird fabrics. I think one was even spandex. Quilts are supposed to be made of cotton, aren't they?
A month ago a dear friend met with me and gave me a short lesson and a set of instructions on what interfacing to use and what setting to use on the iron and made sure that I used parchment paper or something, so those vinyl(?) numbers didn't get sticky and come off. I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers the whole time. It was very nerve wracking, but once again, once I got going, things seemed to work out okay. I got most of those blocks made and then they just
Here's what I accomplished on Sunday. I finally came up with an idea for what to put in the four corners. I cut and sewed those blocks and then sewed all the blocks together into a top. Yeah, progress! I was going to put a red border, but then realized that the red in the border would bump up against the red in the frames around the numbers. Argh! So, I decided I was going to need to put an extra grey border to buffer that area. Then it was suggested to me that I could possibly only add those grey borders on the sides, since the top and bottom really didn't need it. Nice compromise. Grey strips added, red border on. I was running out of steam, but there was an inner voice screaming at me urging me on "Push through. Push through. You're just one baseball border away from having a finished quilt top!"