Saturday, June 28, 2014

Michael Miller Challenge

Our Not Your Mama's Modern Quilt Guild decided to participate in the Michael Miller Challenge.  We were each given 6 fat quarters of Michael Miller fabric. We had to create something quilted and we could add any Michael Miller fabric and/or any solid fabric.  There will be 3 winners and each of them will receive a goody box every month for a year.  Woohoo!

I have had my fabric and have been stressing over deciding what to do with it for about 6 weeks or more.  

I am on a quilting retreat this weekend.  One of the ladies brought along some quilting pattern books and some magazines.  I was shall we say lacking of inspiration so I decided to have a look through her books and magazines.  I came across a quilt pattern in Quilty magazine that was called Peppermintz.  It was cute and it was made entirely of my Beloved Half Square Triangles.  

At long last, I had settled on a pattern and I was off to the races.  I picked a size that would fit my fat quarters and I got to sewing.  A few hours later, I had this adorable baby quilt top.  Now all I have to do is quilt and bind it.  



I think I like mine better than the original.  I would vote for me.  Would you?


No comments: