Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Busy Week

The bad news:  

Got my taxes done this week.  Bad news.  Have to write a pretty big check.  I guess I need to change my deductions or it will probably happen again.

The good news:

Had lunch with my Lunch-a-Bunch, some friends from my former job.  We are all retired now and we get together for lunch at least once a month.  

Got two of my quilts quilted this week.

This one is named "If You Build It".  I had the urge to sew a while back and couldn't decide on any one thing, so I just decided to make about 300 half square triangles and worry about what to do with them later.  When the later came, I decided on this layout.  I finally got it quilted on Thursday and will need to bind it out and it will be truly finished.
This is the Bright Pineapple Blossom that I made on a retreat back in January.  I picked a bright bright green for the back and got it quilted yesterday morning.  I'll be binding both of these with scrappy binding just like the quilts.
These two quilts and others are part of my stash reduction process for this year.  I'm doing my best to use up some of this fabric (of which I have way way way too much).

Quilted two of Mom's quilts.

Sewed the rows together and put an inner border on an Orion's Star that I am doing for a shop sample.  Just have to put on the mitered border.  Never done one of those before, so it ought to be a challenge.

Signed myself up for yet another quilting retreat.

Attended a quilt show where lots of people I know got ribbons.  More on that tomorrow.

No comments: