Friday, February 6, 2015

Who Are You and What Do You Do?

That was the program at our latest guild meeting.  

Who are you and what do you do?  Let's get to know each other better.  Please bring 1 or 2 examples that embody some aspect of your talent, interest, or quilting specialty, such as, doll-making, weaving, embellishment, beading, embroidery, crochet, fabric dyeing, etc., whatever discipline that you enjoy.  ... And it wouldn't hurt to wear your name tag.

A good number of our members got up and told us about themselves.

What would you say about yourself?

It took me a while, but here is what I came up with:

Since I started quilting back in 2008, my tastes have gone through several different changes. The hardest thing for me has always been picking fabrics.  Show me a very small group of fabrics and I can pick, but show me a whole quilt store and I just go into a color coma.  We had a scrap challenge back in 2009 and I think my whole perspective changed.  I love scraps and I like batiks as well, because they mix just like scraps.  I am a fan of Bonnie Hunter and I like brights as well as Half Square Triangles.  Borders are my least favorite part of a quilt.  I can follow a pattern, but I can also look at a picture and make a quilt from it.  I frequently improvise.  I like modern as well as traditional and contemporary.  I enjoy continuing to learn new tips and techniques.



No comments: