Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

I am 55 years old and my sweet mom still makes me an Easter Basket.

I do so love those Gold Brick Eggs and Candy Corns are a favorite of mine as well.  I have been trying to watch my weight.  Most of the time, it just does its own thing and I watch, but I've lost 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks.  Unfortunately, I have a terrible feeling that those 4 pounds are hiding right there in that Easter Basket.

I've been working on a wheelchair quilt.  It's for the charity of one of my quilt guilds.  We are making wheelchair quilts for the people at the War Veteran's home.  Here is an example of what they look like.  They are 27" x 36" and the bottom corners are angled so they don't get caught in the wheels. 
Mine will not be Red, White and Blue.  Mine is made from scraps.  I am working on a new block that one of our members showed us at the last meeting.  It's called Disappearing Pinwheels.  You make pinwheels and cut them up and then turn them into Churn Dash blocks with center pinwheels.  It looked so cool, I just had to try it.  Here is what her display board looked like so you can see how it's done.  There are two different blocks to be made depending on how you turn the pieces, but I chose the Churn Dash blocks.  I'll post a picture when I get it done.