Sunday, June 24, 2012

On to the next one

I pieced the back for Brenda's quilt and cut the appropriate sized batting and got it loaded up this morning while I was doing laundry.  Then I was preparing to wind some bobbins when I realized I had some leftover bobbins of Marathon thread that are the same color.  Anyway I decided to use them and was prepared to have more thread breakage like yesterday.  I was holding my breath as I started across the quilt and I actually made it all the way across with no thread breakage.  Wow!  So was it the Marathon bobbin?  Or is it because it's a different quilt with different fabrics?  At this point, I'm just happy not to have to struggle through the afternoon, but eventually I'll need to figure it out.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have had similar thread breakage issues, and the same experience in getting it solved. Frustrating for sure.

I am just happy to get a row quilted. I say, I live from row to row!!!

glen