Saturday, June 23, 2012

Four Down!

Well, it was a little slow going.  I continued to have thread breakage and can't figure out why, but I was able to get the whole thing quilted and the stitches look good.  I'll figure it out eventually, but I have to press on.

Mom and I went to check out the area's new quilt store today.  It was farther out than I thought, but it was nice and the ladies were very nice.  They helped me find some binding for a quilt I'm finishing up for Norma's daughter.  And we also found a back and some binding fabric for a quilt I'm finishing up for my friend Brenda.  She had started a quilt a while back and then decided that it was not her cup of tea, so she gave me all her left over fabric and asked me to finish it for her.  I'd like to get both of these done and out of my way. They are both relatively small so I should be able to accomplish that in a short time.  

After that, I have one more of Norma's and at least four of mine that are ready to be quilted.  I have at least nine others in various stages of completion, but they are not yet ready to be quilted, so no pressure there.

I can feel the weight lifting from my back with each quilt I get quilted.  I want to get back to the fun quilting I used to do.

No comments: