Friday, June 15, 2012

A good start

Life has been quite hectic lately and every minute seems to be over-committed and over-scheduled to the point where I was getting totally claustrophobic.  My plan for this weekend is to spend some quality time in my sewing room.  It's been a long time.    It's gotten off to a good start.

When I got home today, I pieced the back for the BQ quilt that's been on my UFO waiting list forever.  Then I got it all ironed and loaded on the frame ready to quilt.   It's all ready to go and I'll start on it first thing in the morning when I am fresh. I was beginning to think this quilt would never get finished, but here I am ...... actually doing it.  Finally! 

This will be my second quilt since I got my machine fixed.  I'm still a little hesitant, but after this one, I think I'll have my confidence back in my machine and feel more comfortable quilting again.  

Since the machine was fixed, I have changed to King Tut thread.  It took a bit to get the tension set, but it seems to be working well.  The King Tut thread has a lot less lint than the thread I used to use.  Now that I am happy with the thread, I've decided to go ahead and place an order. I did that today, so for now (at least until my order comes), I only have one cone of green thread, and that means I can only do quilts that this thread can be used on.  I hope that the new thread comes in quickly.

I'll have to go through my other UFO quilts to see which others can be quilted with this thread.  I know I have at least one, but it will be tight to get it to fit on my quilting frame and I may even have to piece the batting, which I am not very good at.  The back for it is not complete either, but I suppose I could get that done as well.  I just have to push myself.  I need to have a sense of accomplishment this weekend.

We'll see how that goes.

No comments: