Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Update

Well, here goes:
Keeping up with all these online challenges as well as the current guild challenges and swaps along with work and other goings on in my life presents a real challenge. I won't say that I'm a failure, because it's not about succeeding or failing. It's about learning, and growing, and being challenged and inspired. If I ever find some time to work on something, the creativity is just going to explode out of me (hehehe).

Failure to launch (still at the gate watching):
  • I joined the Free Motion Quilting Project and although I follow her blog every day, I have yet to practice the first one.
  • I've collected all of the instructions (3 now) for the guild mystery quilt, but I've yet to actually pick out my fabric. It's due in September, so I'd better get on the ball, or that train will pass me by.
In progress, but barely moving:
  • I also joined the Free Motion Quilting Challenge at Insights from SewCalGal and I have followed each of the entries.  I actually did practice some of the feathers and although I need lots more practice on the shapes of my feathers, the tutorial did make it easier than I though it would be.
  • I have posted twice to the Design Wall Monday pages at Patchwork Times, but those were the only times I have actually had something to post.
  • I follow Works in Progress Wednesday on Freshly Pieced, and I actually posted once or twice.
  • I am in charge of the guild's paint chip challenge, so I more or less have to participate in that one. Mom helped me pick out a couple of sets of possible fabrics from my stash to match my paint chips. That one is due in August, so I'd better get going. I think I'm going to make a simple baby quilt. Maybe I can get that done.
  • I have untold numbers of UFOs in the closet awaiting quilting
Moving Along:
  • I am participating in the guild's Quilt in a Box swap. I've made blocks from four different boxes since I got the first box at the last meeting, so I'm on a roll. It's nice to know I'm ahead of the curve on something.
  • I got my Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom quilt spray basted and started on the quilting
Yeah!  Completion!
  • I cleaned up my sewing room and got things organized and put away.  It's hard to accomplish any kind of sewing when you can't get anywhere near the sewing machine.
  • I was able to attend an Antique Fishing Tackle and Lure Show in Houston with DBF and bring my sewing machine along.  Two birds, one stone...... They were so impressed, they took a picture of me and my sewing machine and we are posted on their website right next to all the fishing lures (picture #15).
  • The NewFO Challenge is what actually inspired me to work on my Mariner's Compass Star that I will be donating to the AAQI via our Guild AAQI Challenge.  I actually completed the whole thing - sewn, sandwiched, quilted, labeled and bound.  I even have the paperwork filled out.  Go Girl!
  • I completed the guild's first lotto blocks (wonky houses from Bonnie Hunter) and then I forgot them at home.  I ended up mailing them to the winner. 
  • I finished the repairs on a quilt top for a friend and now it's ready to be quilted.

No comments: