Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rush! Rush! Rush!

The last few weeks have been more about running to catch up with myself than I might like.  Somehow my calendar has gotten over-filled and I have been crazy.  Haircuts, grocery shopping, working out, cleaning the car, cleaning the house, doing laundry, scrubbing bathrooms, setting TV shows to record while we are gone, attending guild meetings, obligatory visits with family........Aaaahhhh!  It's been too much.  Can't wait to be on vacation where absolutely nothing is expected of me.
Have spent a bit of time this week trying to get the house whipped into shape.  I hate leaving to go out of town and leaving a dirty house.  I want to be able to enjoy myself when I am gone and also be able to look forward to coming home to a nice clean house.  It's been hard to concentrate on it, but it'll be worth it when I return.

Today I was looking in the closet thinking about what I might bring on my trip and the next thing I knew I was organizing the closet....all the short sleeve things together, all the long sleeve things together, all the pants together.  I guess the cleaning has sunken in and now I want everything to be orderly.  Never did pick out anything to take with me.  On the other hand, maybe it is an avoidance technique.  I'm really good at those.  Need to break those habits!

Need to find some habits that help me accomplish something in all this running around.

No comments: