Thursday, December 29, 2011

4 day weekend

Today's the last day of work before a full four day weekend.  I'd love to get some of those UFOs out of the closet and finish them up, but FIRST I have to get the tension set correctly on my machine so the thread will stop breaking.  I keep spending a few minutes here and there trying a few things and then I take a break.  It's hard to keep rethreading and rethreading the machine.  My back gets tired as well.  I'm determined to get that thing going.  I want to start my year off a few UFOs shy of where I am now. 

Speaking of which, I need to work on my UFO list.  I'm kind of embarrassed at how big it is, but I guess I have a good excuse. When there is an influx of 21 quilt tops into your stash at one time, it's bound to have an impact.  Actually, thinking about it more, I guess I'm proud to have my UFO list down to such a number, considering where I was a month ago.

I have a retreat planned for January 13-16 and another one for February 3-5.  I have lots to do.  I need to get some projects cut and ready to go.  Alternatively, I could organize my UFOs to get some borders put on some old UFOs.  Then there's my stash of scraps.  I have a bin of scraps at the end of my cutting table and whenever I'm cutting, all the scrap pieces go into the bin.  I think I'm probably on my third bin now and unfortunately putting a lid on them and putting them somewhere else, does not get them used.  I'm determined to get going on Bonnie's system and soon!

I guess I also need to get my Christmas tree put away.  And there's grocery shopping. And laundry.  And countless other things that need to be done.  But if I try hard enough, I can turn this into my own quilting weekend.

No comments: