Tuesday, April 21, 2015

How does your garden grow?

This year I decided that I wanted to plant Tomatoes and Squash.  I finally made it to the nursery on the Saturday just before Easter and I got them planted on Easter Sunday.  Three little Celebrity Tomato plants and lots of little summer squash seeds.

I heard on the radio the next day that it is tradition to plant on Good Friday (or Easter weekend in general) to have a good harvest.  Wow!  It seems I just stumbled into it without even trying.

I was told to keep the tomatoes watered.  To water then every day, because they like consistent watering rather than soaking and drying and soaking etc.  I only had to water them two days in a row and it has rained at least a little bit every day since then.

I was truly amazed.  Now my garden is planted in containers and it is not much, but I was so surprised to see how quickly those little seeds were up and running.  5 days from when I planted them, there were little plants there.  Woohoo!  

I decided that I need to take pictures every Sunday so I can really see the progress of them growing.

So, here goes!

Easter Sunday


  

5 Days


1 Week






2 Weeks




No comments: