Sunday, December 7, 2014

Out side the box (way outside)

Well, clue #2 to Bonnie Hunter's Winter Mystery came out on Friday and I still haven't started it.  I had to work on Friday and Saturday, so I had an excuse.  

Today I had to work one of Mom's quilts that was on a deadline.  It was a modern design with a really big blank piece of solid fabric.  It took me weeks and weeks of staring at it and I just could not decide what to do with it.  

Today, it was getting down to the wire and I had to make a decision so I did.  The blocks in this quilt are the result of a Triangle Challenge from our modern quilt guild, so I figured triangles had to come in there somewhere.  So this is what I did.  

The triangles came out a lot better than I expected.  Some of them show up better than others, but they were fun.  They were also stressful.  It'll take quite a bit more practice before this is anywhere near my comfort zone.







1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Great job!! Triangles were a brilliant choice.