Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Modern Quilt Guild

We had our Not Your Mama's Quilt Guild meeting last night.  We had a great talk from a woman who teaches Pilates.  She showed us all about how to stretch properly so we can sew even longer.

We started our Modern Robin.  It's patterned after the CottonRobin.Blogspot.Com, but hopefully it will have a modern twist to it.  We each made our blocks for the center and turned them in last night.  We were also able to pick up our first block to work on.  We will add a round and then somebody else will add a round and then a last person will quilt and bind it.  I can't wait to see how mine comes out.  Take a look at their reveal to see how it works.


I am so excited to get started.  The block I received is beautiful.  I have posted it on the wall so I can look at it for a while.  I want to do something special.

We also sold the background fabric for our triangle lotto challenge.  Create a block with the theme of triangles interpreted however you wish.  We'll have viewer's choice and somebody will win all the blocks.  It ought to be fun!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the block I got. I was so excited I dove right in!!!