Monday, February 17, 2014

Procrastinating Again!

I wish I could say I'd been really busy, or even really busy quilting, but I haven't.  Don't get me wrong.  I have been working and attending quilt guild meetings and doing lots of reading, but quilting has been on the back burner for a little while. I seem to go in spurts.

Anyway, talk about procrastinating.  Our quilt guild did a Quilt in a Box Challenge a year or so ago.  Each person was to put fabric in a box (amounts were suggested) to include a focus fabric and some blenders and some background, etc.  I wanted to participate, but I didn't want to buy fabric.  So......I got Mom to come help and she and I raided my stash for some stuff that would go together.

The 19 people who participated in the challenge were to pick a block to make.  Then they were to make that block (and only that block) from the fabric in each and every box.  Once the blocks were made, they were turned in to Margie, because she was heading up the thing.  Then after everybody completed their blocks, Margie organized them back into groups based on who they belonged to and the blocks made with our fabric were returned to us.  What a lovely surprise to see all those blocks.

Once we each had our blocks, a second challenge was laid down.  Now, there would be a setting challenge.  We had about 9 months and then we would have a showing of the final quilt tops and a viewer's choice, etc.  That showing is to be at our March meeting on March 6.  I started working on mine yesterday.  Can you say PROCRASTINATION?

Here are the blocks I received.


 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'll show you my finished top after the meeting on March 6.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like the way the blocks turned out. Very interesting and intricate blocks for a challenge.

glen