Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hand Quilting

Two words I thought I would never say. Or do, for that matter.  There is a group that has been meeting for years on Wednesdays.  They started way back when a friend was dying of cancer and there were quilts that needed to be finished for her kids.  That's when they got started and once the quilts were done, they decided they'd like to continue.  So on it goes.  

I was never able to go because they meet during the day, but once I retired, I decided to give them a try.  I have been dabbling here and there when there was a quilt to be quilted, but there were times when we were between quilts or I had to work, so that dabbling hasn't really been that much.  

I have to say that I am getting more and more comfortable with it and I actually enjoy it.  I did a whole little section all by myself this morning and I wish I had had my phone with me to take a picture.  It's the first time I've done a section out by itself so I could see just my work and not mine mixed up with somebody else's work. Maybe next week, I'll remember to take a picture.

No comments: