Sunday, January 19, 2014

Time Flies

I can't believe it is already the 19th of January.  Where did the rest of the month go?  

I've been sick off and on for the last 2 weeks and Mom was sick before that.  She gave it to me.  How sweet.  I went through about a week of just blowing my nose and groaning and moving from the bed to the recliner to the bed.  Then I was determined to be well, so I decided to get up, get dressed and act as if I was well in hopes that my body would take the hint.  The first day was not too bad.  I made it out to lunch and to the grocery store.  Then I was back in the recliner recovering.  I kept trying and I'm getting there a little every day. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.  Hopefully he'll have the magic cure!

I was at a quilting retreat Monday through Wednesday of this last week.  Those women were sure taking their lives in their hands, but they insisted that I should come anyway.  We had some great fun and got some work done as well.  I have nothing to show and tell, because I didn't really finish anything.

I received a stack of "turnovers" from my secret pal a while back and I decided to get them out of my stash.  I made 54 triangle blocks and got them laid out as far as where they will go, but I didn't get them sewn together.  


Then I started working on another Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom.  I have a whole drawer full of 2 1/2" strips so I spent most of the day  sorting them out by color and deciding which would go in my quilt.  Then I began cutting the strips to size.  I got the first round and the triangles put on one day.  The next day, I got the second round on but no triangles.  That'll have to be for next time as well.

I guess that next retreat will be really productive for me, since I have most of the groundwork done for 2 quilts now.  We have a group that meets each year for Superbowl Weekend.  Four days of quilting, laughing, eating and football.  Oh boy!

No comments: