Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lizzie is Home!

I picked her up last night on my way home from work.  It was such a shock when they called to tell me that she was ready to go home.  I was so sure that there would be something terrible wrong with her.  

I took her to Allbrands.  I know.  I  know.  It seems that everybody I know has something terrible to say about them.  Well, mostly about him.  Well, I was really hesitant to take Lizzie there, but they have always treated me well, so I decided to give it a try.  I took her in on Saturday and she was ready on Tuesday.  Pretty darn good turn around time if you ask me.  The ladies I dealt with were extremely nice and patient with my questions and I had a wonderful experience.  If you were one of those treated badly in the past, you might think of giving them another try.  Just saying......

I have yet to see how she sews (other than the sew off scrap that was attached when I got her back.  I have lots to do today - baking a pound cake and a couple of pecan pies as well as making jello salad.  And besides that, I want to bask in the fantasy that she will sew like the wind when I am ready to get caught up on this pile of UFOs.  For today, or this morning at least, I will rejoice in the joy of holiday cooking.  Maybe this evening I'll get back to Lizzie.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yea, bad experience at all rands, not going back there. Glad it worked for you though. I am sure hpthings may have changed by now.

I just finished my cooking. I bring stuffing, two pies corn casserole and frank does the salad. The other mother in law does the threat. I think Carrie has something going there..........

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I think I need to check spell check closer