Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What a week!

On Sunday, I got the crazy idea to move every piece of furniture in the house.  Big mistake!  On Monday, I could barely move.

Back in January, we had opted to put our sewing room in the master bedroom of the house.  That includes lots of furniture with fabric and project boxes, 2 sewing machines and tables, a cutting table, a big ironing board and a 10 foot frame and Tin Lizzie.  Meanwhile the 2 beds, dresser, bedside tables, etc. were in the dining room.

On Saturday evening, we discussed the fact that we didn't seem to be sewing as much since we moved the stuff back there so on Sunday, I decided that we needed to put the beds back in the bedroom and the sewing stuff back in the dining room.  Lots of furniture and lots of fabric and lots of cords and I did all this all by my lonesome.  By the end of the day, I just had to keep moving because I was afraid to sit down and get all stove up.  Well, when I finally did, guess what happened.  I got all stove up!  I took some Tylenol proactively so that Monday morning wouldn't be so bad.  Now we just have to deal with the aftermath of those things that no longer have a place and are stacked on top of everything.  It won't be long and we'll be back in business.

My part time job is not so part time right now because the full time assistant is in Nepal on a mission trip, so I've been filling in.  I've been falling down on the job lately and getting behind in lots of things, so this week I started trying to schedule all those things I keep putting off like doctor's appointments, vet appointments, mammograms, OB/GYN appointments, etc.  

Retreat this weekend.  Woohoo!  It'll be the perfect thing to get me back sewing on some of these outstanding projects I have.  Need to start moving some of this stash outta here!

My schedule is getting really booked up for a supposedly retired person.  When did I ever have time to work?

No comments: