Monday, July 23, 2012

Retreat & Design Wall Monday

This weekend was our retreat.  I finished up this top that I started at the last retreat.  It's made from a kit I got at Mama's Quilt Shop after Christmas last year.  It's a pattern by Kathy Brown called Take 5 Crosses the Line.

I also finished up the binding on my Paint Chip Challenge Quilt.  It's due at the August meeting on August 2.  It only had to be done to the top, but mine's already quilted.  I don't want to add anything to my UFO list.  The only thing I have left to do is name my quilt based on the paint chip color names.

Then I finished up the guild mystery quilt.  I'll publish it later after we reveal them in November.  Don't want to ruin it for everybody.

After that, I helped my friend Karen with the binding on her quilt.  It was a really nice thing to do, and a great excuse for sitting on the couch watching movies all day.  Win, win!

There were eight of us on this retreat and we had a wonderful time as usual.  It started out kind of bad for me though.  On Friday, I decided to go for a short walk to the end of the street and back.  I only got about 5 feet past the end of the driveway and then I rolled my ankle on a large unlevel crack in the road.  I made it to the end of the street and back.  Then I took some Advil and put ice on my sprained ankle for 30 minutes and went on.  

I know.  Some of you would say that it's really not sprained.  Oh, yes, it is.  It's just that I have sprained these ankles several times pretty bad already so, although the sprain is not as bad as the first time, and I can actually put weight on it, it's still sprained.  And this was my "better" ankle.  I don't have a good one any more.  I'm just falling apart more and more every day.

Now, it's time to work on finalizing my retreat that is scheduled for the third weekend in August.  Some of the participants are the same, but a few are different.  My two groups are starting to overlap. 

No comments: