Friday, May 11, 2012

Progress!

The only real sewing I've done in a while now is working on my secret "quilt in a box" blocks.  It's a project we have in our quilt guild.  Each participant puts an assortment of coordinating fabrics of their choice in a box.  Each participant picks a block to make and the coordinator makes sure that they are all different.  The boxes get traded back and forth and each person makes their secret block from each person's fabrics.  I finished my last block last night and turned it in today. It'l be months before all 18 people are finished, but I am glad to have mine done.  I was also glad to have them to work on.  They've helped me at least to sew a little now and then.  I get to keep my  irons in the fire so to speak.


Today, I did a quick diagonal grid on the quilt I made for a wedding gift. It's been a while since I tried this.  I didn't do any marking, but I was able to use a ruler to help keep my lines straight.  I think it came out pretty well.  Sure hope they like it.




 I'll be working on the binding tomorrow.  Then I'll have to label it and wash it and find an appropriate sized box and some appropriate wrapping paper.  I have a week to get it all done, which sounds like a long time, but it's not when my week is full of work, physical therapy, cooking, laundry, and quilt guild meetings. 


One day when I have more time or am less invested in a quilt, maybe I'll take the time to practice a new motif.  I always seem to be under the gun or worried about screwing it up.  One day......



No comments: