Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taming Wild Scraps and UFOs


In Gulf Shores this weekend with DBF.  We are supposed to be fishing at least one day if not two on the pier in Pensacola.  The Pompano are running now and that's one of his favorites.  I like fishing from the boat, but the pier is just not my cup of tea.  Too many people (strangers).  Too cumbersome trying to fish over the rail while standing on a stool. Too much sun for me.  Need I go on?


I put the finishing touches on my Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom quilt last night.  Then I made the scrappy binding and attached it.  All that's left is the hand work on the binding.  I figure that while I'm sitting under the overhang enjoying the breeze and the lovely day and the scenery and the shade (did I mention the overhang) I can do the hand work.  I will certainly be happy to finish up this UFO.  I've let it go on way too long.  It was originally intended for DBF's niece whose birthday was back in February.  Can you say P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N?


And at some point, I'll head over to A & E Pharmacy to check out the fabrics.  They have such a great selection.  I could spend hours in there without even thinking about it.  And he won't even miss me.


On the second day, I'll let him to go Pensacola alone and I'll stay here at the condo.  I have brought along my scrap bin and I'll be ironing and cutting and doing my best to tame this wild animal.  And there's a nice restaurant down the road about a mile and a half that I can walk to.  Yes, I can.  It's not too bad.  I've done it before and it was hotter then than it is now.  And they are nice enough to give me a nice sweet tea in a to-go cup on my way out for the walk back.  It'll be a nice break to the day and I won't get cabin fever from being stuck here with no car.  Sure would like to tame that scrap stash.  I have 2 or 3 bins of wild scraps that are just weighing me down. I have to start somewhere and this is it.

No comments: