Monday, April 23, 2012

Deadlines are a Good Thing

I find that lately I have become a total procrastinator when it comes to my quilting.  I had a quilt that I needed to quilt for somebody else and I kept putting it off and putting it off.  It was due on Sunday, April 15 and I didn't even look at it until Friday, April 13.  I only looked at it then because it was the last possible time that I could work on it.

I keep psyching myself out about the size of the job and/or how difficult it's going to be and scaring myself away.  For the next one that comes along, I need to remind myself about how fast this one went and how easy.  Maybe it's just the perfectionist in me coming out.  It would rather not do it at all if it can't do it right.  Part of the problem with that is that the later I start, the more rushed I am and the less satisfied I am with the job that I do.  I think later that I should have done this or I should have done that, but I just didn't leave myself time to think about it.  I spent a lot of time just postponing.  It would have been different if I had been thinking and planning how to do the quilt.  

I need to get over it!  I have way too many UFOs in the closet that I could be finishing up.

No comments: