Sunday, March 4, 2012

Progress.....Finally!

Yesterday was wasted.  I slept in too late and lost all my energy.  I spent most of the day sitting around doing nothing.  I decided late in the day to make homemade chicken and dumplings.  I ended up in bed at 9:45 trying to get myself back on track.  Maybe the day was not really wasted.  Maybe it was just the type of day I needed.
This morning, I was up at 7:00 and my energy had returned.  Thank Goodness!

I finished two of my Quilt in a Box Blocks.  They were each very different fabrics and the two blocks look really different even though they are really the same block.  The values are placed differently in one and it makes it appear a bit different than the other.  Can't show you those because they are secret until the reveal at the end.

I also finished up my AAQI quilt. I quilted it.  What an experience!  I found matching threads and I did most of it free motion and some with the regular foot.  I was really nervous, but it came out nice. I put the back and label on and bound it.  Then I put on a ring to hang it with. I'm proud of it.  I almost don't want to turn it in.  I may just have to think about bidding on it myself.

1 comment:

Cats and Quilts said...

I'd buy it. IS the auction on line?