Saturday, December 24, 2011

Up early to finish up

I was up at 8:30. For most of you that's probably not early, but for me on the very few days I can actually sleep in, that's early.  Anyway, I had to make this congealed salad for lunch today.  It's made with cherry jello, cream cheese, crushed pineapple and chopped pecans and put in a jello mold with a Christmas tree on top. 

After that was done, I worked on some Forgotten Cookies.  They are similar to what some people call meringue cookies, but they are way better.  They are in the oven to be taken out at least 4 hours from now.

Then, I had to wrap gifts.  Today was the first ones I have done, so I had to do them all.  Talk about waiting until the last minute.

We are headed to Claude's parents' house for Christmas Eve Seafood Gumbo, potato salad and lots of dessert.  We will also be exchanging our presents from the names we drew at Thanksgiving.  It'll be a nice day with family.

Tomorrow we'll spend the day with my mom and my brother.  Another wonderful day!

No comments: