Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Such a hectic time!

The last few months have become a very hectic time of the year.  I'm busy running round baking to prepare for cookie swaps, gathering items for the work Christmas Celebration, trying to finish up quilts for presents, not to mention shopping for Christmas presents. 

I wish I had done a better job of staying on top of things, but this has been a test of my patience over the last few months.  First I had surgery on my Achilles Tendon at the beginning of August, which put me off my feet and not quilting for 6 weeks and then limited mobility.  During that time, my dear friend was declining in her battle with lung cancer, so as soon as I was able to I jumped up and started quilting 15 (yep 15!) of her UFOs to finish them up for her family.  There are still an additional 6 waiting to be done.  All the while sandwiching this in between work and physical therapy and trying to keep house and pick up after DBF and 3 dogs and 2 cats. 

I have 1 quilt that I really want to finish before Christmas, but it won't break my heart if I don't.  I got it loaded this evening and hope to get it quilted tomorrow night and bound the next night.  It is all in batiks to Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom made from 2-1/2 inch strips. 

After that, I have plans to sit back and relax a bit and try to enjoy the spirit of the season before it's gone for another year.

No comments: