Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Made Biscotti !

My mother loves biscotti.  Every now and then when she's feeling a bit decadent, she gets some at Sam's Club.  And every so often, I'll buy some for her, but never in my life did I ever dream that I could make it. 

It's all Judy's fault!  I was reading Patchwork Times by Judy Laquidara the other day and she was discussing making biscotti.  She said "Maybe I’ll also make Christmas cookies .  . or biscotti or chocolate fudge or cinnamon rolls!"  I could not believe that she had mentioned biscotti as it if compared to fudge or cookies.  Could it really be that easy?

So of course, that sent me on a worldwind tour of the Internet searching for recipes for biscotti.  I ended up on the Joy of Cooking website where they not only had several recipes for various different flavors, but there was an actual video.  In a really short video, they showed the whole thing.  How easy is that!  Next thing you know I was adding a few ingredients to my shopping list. 

I went to the grocery store the other day and stocked up on ingredients, so this evening I dove right in and in no time at all, I had biscotti! 

I made biscotti and so can you!  And it's all thanks to Judy!

Check out this recipe --it's the one I made and it's really good!
http://joyofbaking.com/biscotti/AlmondBiscotti.html

This is the one with the video, but I haven't been able to find any hazelnuts yet, so it's yet to be tried.
http://joyofbaking.com/biscotti/ChocolateHazelnutBiscotti.html

No comments: