Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 will be the year of Challenges

I've decided to make 2012 the year of the Challenge.  This is an ambitious list.  I figure some I will actually follow through with and some I won't, but I'd rather plan for more than I can do and get something accomplished than not try.

Online

  • Design Wall Mondays -- I've decided to participate. Lots of time (or maybe even most of the time) my wall is empty, but if I have to post on Mondays, maybe I'll pull something out and it'll get me going. http://patchworktimes.com/
  • 2012 UFO Challenge -- I've lots of UFOs to catch up on, so that's a "no brainer".  Don't know if I can actually number them like Judy, but I can certainly make a list and I'll start work on that soon.  http://patchworktimes.com/
  • 2012 NewFO Challenge -- Each month, start up at least one new quilt project. I can do that!  Might be just a new block or a new potholder, but I'll do something. http://catpatches.blogspot.com/p/2012-newfo-challenge.html
  • 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge -- Similiar to a block of the month, every month one of 12 FMQ Experts will share a tutorial for you. While you can do these exercises anytime, if you complete them in the month that they are released, and share them in the challenge, you'll be entered to win a monthly prize. Complete all 12 tutorials, anytime during the year, enter them, and you'll be eligible to win various Grand Prizes. http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/free-motion-quilt-challenge.html
River City Quilt Guild
  • Paint Chip Challenge -- Our guild conducts an annual guild challenge and this year it'll be a paint chip challenge.  I'm the head of the committee and we are in the process of laying out our rules now.
  • UFO Challenge -- Our guild conducts an annual UFO Challenge which I always participate in.
  • Mystery Quilt -- The guild mystery quilt is not really a challenge, but it is certainly a challenge to keep up with it each month and finish on time for the Reveal and a chance for a ribbon.
Personal
  • Tame that Stash -- I've challenged myself to this one. I'm going to spend some time at every retreat and at least once a month taming my stash. My scraps could sure use some therapy and I'll try to get going with Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User System. I want to be ready the next time she has a mystery quilt-a-long.

No comments: