Sunday, December 11, 2011

At least something went right today

Some days you think you're in control and the day just jumps up and shows you otherwise.

I was all fired up to work on a friend's quilt this morning.  I spent last evening winding bobbins and setting the tension on the quilting machine.  This morning, I ironed the top, pieced the back and got it all loaded on the frame.  First bobbin.... so far so good.  Got a little too confident.  Put in the second bobbin half way across my first pass.  When I got to the end, I realized that something happened to the tension or the threading or something and there were random loops every now and then.  Aaaaaahhhhhhh!  What a dissappointment.  So, needless to say, I spent the next 30 minutes or so ripping out the mess.

After that I could not get inspired to start again.  How frustrating would it be if it happened again.  I was just not prepared to go there just yet.

So anyway, I decided to go out to the store to pick up some ginger.  After my almond biscotti turned out so well, I decided to try the gingerbread biscotti recipe that I found.  The only ingredient I did not have was ginger, so off to the store I went.  It would give me a break to get out of the house.  Even stopped at Burger King for lunch.

After I got back, I spent some time here on the computer reading up on lots of blogs and generally wasting time.

Well, the biscotti is in the oven on the second bake now.  It's pretty good, if I say so myself.

At least something went right today.

No comments: